We can ship your puppy to you via Airplane! Most often, we use Delta Airlines, because it is the closest airline to us. Though, we do have access to other airlines as well!
Puppies fly from our airport, in Knoxville, TN, to your airport! We schedule the flight, and you just pick your puppy up at your airport!
There are many rules & regulations in order to ship a puppy. The most important rules are:
* The puppy must be 8 weeks old or older.
* The puppy must be able to sit upright in the crate that it is sent in. Therefore, the cost of shipping a puppy greatly depends on the size & age of the puppy.
* With United being an exception, the temperatures at all points, must be between 10 degrees and 80 degrees. Because United Airlines have temperature controlled terminals, they can be more flexible with temperatures then other airlines.
* A puppy must receive a health certificate, given by a vet, before it is allowed on any airplane. This includes if a puppy rides with it's owner! The health certificate must be issued less then 10 days prior to a puppy being allowed on a plane. It must have the name, street address, and phone number of the person receiving the puppy, and also all of the particular puppy's information on it. We include the cost of the health certificate and the cost of the crate in our shipping costs. If you fly here to pick up your puppy, them costs are extra.
* A puppy's flight needs to be scheduled from 24 hours to 10 days prior to the flight.
* Any puppy that is 12 weeks old or older must receive a rabies vaccination, given by a vet, before being allowed on an airplane.
Of course, you may also come here to pick up your puppy, or our son will meet or deliver puppies for $1.75 per mile. Pick ups are between 1 pm to 6 pm, or 3 pm and later if all 3 of us are not here. Pick ups are preferred on Wednesdays or Saturdays.
Shipping to most places, for a puppy that is less then 9 weeks old, and can fit in a Junior size crate, is $350. Most puppies that are 75% Goilden Retriever, or more then around 10 pounds, do need to be shipped medium at 8 weeks old.
Shipping to most places, for a puppy that is about 12 weeks old or younger, or an Ed puppy., and can fit in a Medium size crate, is $400.
Shipping to most places, for a puppy that is more then 12 weeks old and less then 6 months old, and can fit in an Intermediate size crate, is $450. (Rabies vaccination is included).
Shipping to most places, for a puppy that is more then 6 months old, to an Adult, and can fit in a Large size crate, is $600. (Rabies vaccination is included).
If you are getting a puppy shipped that is less then 12 weeks old, and it is less then 50 degrees, you may choose to also purchase a heat pad for your puppy? In extreme cold, with very small puppies, we may insist on it? The heat pad is reusable, and stays warm for up to 12 hours, after being microwaved for 5 to 7 minutes. The heat pad is available for $30.
We can usually be very flexible on what days of the week we can ship your puppy. Shipping is preferred, and usually done on Mondays and Fridays. However, we do occasional have plans, in particular in the summer months. For example, we do have an annual 4th Of July party, and it is a big thing with our family! Weather also plays a big factor on particular days that we can, or cannot ship. Flights are often canceled due to thick fog, heavy storms, or other reasons. We do need to watch temperatures & weather when shipping puppies! If you want your puppy for Christmas, we do all we can! But we cannot nail it down to one particular day, if weather or temperature problems arrise? Which they often do! Some flexibility on your end is also very helpful! More often then not, we do need to ship puppies on flights that work! With good connections, from here to there. We sure will try to work with your schedule the best that we can! We do not ship on Saturdays or Sundays!
We can hold a puppy for you, to fit your plans & schedule! However, higher shipping charges may apply, depending on the puppy's age. If a puppy is sold, but still here after 10 weeks of age, we do charge $50 per week for boarding.
Two puppies can be shipped together! It is usually best to go up one step... For example, if the puppies are less then 9 weeks old, when shipping two together, they will need to go in a medium crate, at the Medium Shipping costs. In order to ship two puppies together, they both must be of simular age & size. Most often siblings. They must both weigh less then 20 pounds each, and be less then 6 months old each.
If you need a health certiciate done, which is usually included in shipping costs, but if you need it without the shipping, you can click on the button below.
We ship via Delta Airlines only! There are temperature rescrictions. It must not be less then 10 degreees, or more then 80 degreees. We will only ship via United in extreme heat, when there is no possible way with Delta can work. United is the medium shipping cost, whether the puppy requires a small or medium crate. In the case of extreme cold, less then 10 degrees, we just need to find a day that is warm enough, and that will work. Delta has direct flights, from Knoxville, into Atlanta, LaGuardia, Detroit, and Minneapolis. Most other flights will have a layover in one of these other airports. Puppies are taken out, and cared for, when they have a layover! If your airport is an unusual airport, and the puppy needs to have two layovers, then they will not accept tthe puppy, and it must go to an airport that requires no more then one layover.
If you are concerned that your puppy will miss momma and/or his or her siblings, you might want to purchase a heart beat pad? It can also be microwaved to be warm and cuddly for your puppy! Great for crate training! The heart beat pad is available for $35. May require going up one size for this pad to fit in the crate with your puppy?